The following awards will be presented at the final gala of the season (held in May/June).
M1 Gala Club Championship Awards
The club champion for each age group (male and female) is determined through our gala point system. Points are awarded as follows:
- Participation points at each gala - Each swimmer will receive points for attending each of the four galas.
- Placing points at the club championship gala - Swimmers will earn points based on their placing in each event.
- Gala record points at the club championship gala - Swimmers shall receive points for breaking a club record at the club championship gala.
Based on the results from point scores, awards will be presented to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place getters for males and females in each of the following age-groups; 8 & under, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 & over (Age as at date of club championship gala).
Gala participation certificates will also be handed out to those in attendance at the awards night.
Explanation of gala point system
The total point score is a score out of 300. Scores are weighted and calculated as follows for each swimmer:
- Participation points (40%): 30 points awarded for each gala attended. Maximum 120 points (4 galas @ 30 points)
- Placing points (40%): Points awarded to fastest 20 swimmers in each event at championship gala. 1st place is 24 points. Maximum 120 points (5 events @ 24 points). Click here for further details on placing points
- Gala record points (20%): 12 points awarded for each record broken at championship gala. Maximum 60 points (5 events @ 12 points)
Overall Gala Champions Awards
Based on the results from the point scores from the four galas, the following awards will be presented to the overall highest scoring male and female swimmers.
- Brendon Hill Trophy - Highest scoring male at M1 Gala series
- Robyn Hay Trophy - Highest scoring female at M1 Gala series
These award winners will also have their names engraved on the Brendon Hill and Robyn Hay Shield which is held by the club.
Brendon Hill and Robyn Hay became life members of the M1 Swimming Club in 2006 as a reward for their many years off commitment to the club. Brendon and Robyn played a significant part in revolutionising the club in 2001/2002, expanding the club (then known as Waverley Amateur Swimming club) to allow swimmers from Tateswim, the Bev Tate Swim School, Harold Holt Squads and St. Kevin's College to compete under the new name of M1 Swimming Club.
M1 Outstanding Performance Awards
Awards will be presented to swimmers who achieve the highest ranking and personal best times at the following meets:
- 7-10 Metropolitan Championships
- All Junior Championships
- State Championships (12 and under)
- State Championships (13 and over)
- National Championships (Age Group)
- National Championships (Open)
Swimmers representing the club at State and National level will be presented awards.
The M1 Honours recognises members who have been club mebers for 10 or more consecutive years.
We currently have the following honours awards:
- Gold honours: 10 consecutive years
Junior Excellence Awards
Swimmers meeting the criteria as set out in the Swimming Australia Junior Excellence Program, will receive awards/recognition from Swimming Australia.
Heather Cook Club Service Memorial Award
Commencing in 2016, this award recognises great service to the club by a parent (excluding committee members). The award was established in honour of Heather Cook, a past President and great contributor to the club.
M1 Gala Club Championship Awards & point scores: Male | Female
All other awards